Monday, January 3, 2011

Moment One 8am Jan 2, 2011


I haven't been up early in a while what with the mammoth cold and the insomnia that usually comes with illness for me. I know, I know, 8 aint early to most. But when you routinely nod off at 3am, it tis!!

It was clear beautiful day with crisp frost visible as a thin layer on everything. The sun rose through a window to the right of the scene pictured and I loved the way it made the curtains and window glow. My enthusiasm for photography coming back to me, I felt compelled to hunt down my camera. Snapping away I noticed my son set aglow by the morning warmth meeting him and I knew he had to be part of the scene... that without him and his perfect little boy smile, while watching cartoons, there was light but no life, warmth but no fire, peace but no bliss, love but with less passion.

So in love with my little guy this week.

PS Got some kick ass antibiotics today for my ear infection. I should be back to raising hell in no time. (Pffftt. All talk, I am)


1 comment:

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

You are so talkin', Rachel. I agree with all that you said. AND, I'm happy you're on some kick-ass antibiotics to get you back on the road to recovery. Still? In your gloom? You took this shot? You, my dear, are a true artist. Love ya - Debi - GHT