Friday, October 10, 2008

heinously overdue

It could be my nickname. They'd call me HO.

Uhh, wait, I'm thinking no..

I'm not good at keeping up with all that stuff I "should" do... all those things that make one a reliable and consistent social participant. People who have known me for a long time know this about me and, I gather, think of me as that kooky aunt who would give you the shirt off her back (and I would too) but can't make a timely phone call to save her life. Yep, that's me. (I hate that I have a whole lot of trouble making friends because of it, but change is slow and hard... and change I will dabgumit.) But, I digress...another bad habit.

I'm overdue in acknowledging Debi over at The Giraffe Head Tree, for extending a blog award to me. She is a sweetheart, as are the new names that have been popping up in my posts' comments. Such kind words, such effort put forth to connect and lend encouragement and support. It makes this human being swell with pride for her fellow tribe-mates. Thank you all, very much. Hearing your voice makes a difference.

everyones doing it

Oh, and just a little follow up from yesterday. This morning I looked out my window to see that only blue skies existed where, hours before, smoke reined. The sky was so clear and so blue, I really thought for a moment that I might have dreamed the whole thing. Lucky for me I have pictures to confirm my sanity.

See, you all thought photography was about art for me. Really it's just a reality check for those times when big pink bunnies start talking to me.

No comments: