Tuesday, January 17, 2012

words...

I use to be heavily into collecting quotes, from thnkers, artists, movies, books, even things I heard the people I knew say. I don't collect anything anymore because I don't like the obsessive feeling that comes over me when I do... but I still love quotes... words of wisdom... little pieces of art spun from a collection of carefully chosen words. One that has stuck with me with remarkable clarity is this: 

haunted by waters © 2012 Rachel Haynes


"...in the Arctic half-light of the canyon, all existence fades to a being with my soul and memories and the sounds of the Big Blackfoot River and a four-count rhythm and the hope that a fish will rise. Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of those rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters. " from the book, A River Runs Through It, by Norman Macclean

as before, so again © 2012 Rachel Haynes
 The same image without the text written on it is a whole different experience. I like them both.

No comments: