Friday, November 4, 2011

Inspired by...

The sound... Mumford and Sons' live album (I found it via Rhapsody but can't seem to find it anywhere else, even the M&S website)

The words... Georgia O'Keeffe

I decided that if I could paint that flower in a huge scale, you could not ignore its beauty. 

I decided to start anew, to strip away what I had been taught. 

I don't very much enjoy looking at paintings in general. I know too much about them. I take them apart. 

I feel there is something unexplored about woman that only a woman can explore. 

I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for. 

I had to create an equivalent for what I felt about what I was looking at - not copy it. 

The sight... of the sea and all the peace that it brings



"As if happily ever after" © 2011 Blue Algae Creative

1 comment:

Dina said...

the picture is amazing -- calm, mystical, really beautiful.