Sunday, April 12, 2009

glimpses

 

I don’t do this sort of thing very often, and if I wasn’t already a huge fan of her work, I probably would have said no when honey huckabee asked me to mention her new photo website (where you can buy her prints) (how lucky am I that I get a free print too?). But a fan I am, and have been since I found her images on Flickr.

huckabee 4

She has a talent for finding the most beautiful form in the most ordinary scenes. Glimpse is the word she uses to describe this approach and I approve wholeheartedly. I find it to be tremendously fitting. Glimpses into another world, a world of subdued color, tone, light …. are what I feel when peering into her photos.

huckabee 3

Her images are imbued with a sense of  familiarity, intimacy, yet anonymity, creating experiences that are adaptable and hearken to a slower, simpler mode of living. Often subjects are family members and their possessions which lend themselves to a sense of belonging.

huckabee 2

Fresh out of school, with ideas bursting at the seems, this is one photographer to watch, in my humble opinion.

huckabee 1

In her own words:

glimpses

simplistic elegance

a sweet air

i want people to re-think beauty

the temporality of emotions and words

All of the photos featured here belong to Honey Huckabee and can be purchased on her website.

3 comments:

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

Vastly different, hence beautiful. Thank you for pointing us in her direction, Rachel.

Sebrina Wilson said...

Gorgeous!! I am going to check her out!

kendalee said...

Beautiful, emotive and thought provoking glimpses! Lovely stuff. Thank you for the pointer...