Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Internal Improvements ~ photo altering

I have discovered actions in photoshop (basically a set of recorded keystrokes that you can use on any photo with one click of the mouse).

IMG_0885b

I edited all these photos using an action from Jinna of Elusive Photography. I love the soft, low contrast, vintage, muted look they give these photos.

IMG_0867b

I'm really going to have to learn to make my own. I can't imagine the amount of time that could save.

IMG_0881b

But then, there's a whole lot I need to learn about photoshop, and my new fancy camera, for that matter.

IMG_0856b

I just really HATE reading technical instructions. Even those tutorial CDs are pretty intolerable. But, I think that has more to do with my learning style and my impatience than flaws in the materials.

IMG_0879b

Hark, I hear another opportunity for growth, for internal improvement.

IMG_0855b

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're already miles and mountains ahead of me in the Photoshop world. But ... I too don't learn well by reading the manuals (some are either too technical or simply don't give any how-to explanations). I learn best when someone can show me (the old visual way) and I can give it a try.

I like these photos.

Diane